Figure 8 Rules for 2014
RULES AND SPECS
225. You must be 16 years of age or older to participate in Figure 8 racing. Proof of age must be
226. Minimum 3 point harness. 4 point harness, neck brace & fire suit recommened. Long sleeve
shirts are mandatory. Hands and arms must remain in the car at all times or you will be disqualified.
227 All cars registered will have less than 105 inch wheel base. Officials will have final decision.
228. We reserve the right to reject any car or driver without cause or recourse.
229. Car must be stock. No structure modifications to frame or body, except to accommodate roll
230. (2) 1/8" X 6" channel irons, (1) 1/8" X 12" channel iron, guard rail or similar protective steel
bar must be attached to both exterior sides of the car starting at the front fire wall and extending to
the rear fire wall. Bar must be welded or bolted securely to the sides of the car starting 18" from the
ground. No sharp edges. If you are unable to attach your original bumper it may be replaced with an
I beam, C channel or L channel. All bumper re-placements must be: no wider than 8", have no sharp
edges, be visible and stay within the confines of the car body. End caps are allowed. The safety
inspector's decision is final.
231. Stock passenger tires. Tire width not to exceed 11" measured sidewall to sidewall. No cutting
or grooving tires. All season M & S or Street Stock tires (Firestone Firehawks; Kelly Chargers;
Gran Prix or any tire currently used in our Street Stock division). No racing tires or recaps. No off
road aggressive tread tires, snow tires, studded tires or X-tread allowed. Tech inspector's decision is final.
232. Front or Rear wheel drive cars allowed.
233. Radiator may not be relocated. Battery may be moved but must be properly secured. One
battery only. If battery in drivers compartment must be completely covered.
234. All molding, chrome, door handles, outside & inside mirrors must be removed before coming to
the track. If you bring it, take it home! $50.00 fine.
235. Plastic & non-metal grills must be removed before coming to the track.
236. All glass must be removed. Side windows must be removed, not broken inside door panel. This
includes headlights, tail lights & mirrors before coming to the track. Full windshield must be
replaced with wire mesh with holes no larger than 1/2".
237. A 12" hole must be cut in the center of the hood or (2) 6" X 12" holes beyond valve covers, or
inner fenderwells may be cut out.
238. Doors must be secured, either welded or chained.
239. Hood & trunk latches and springs must be removed. Hood & trunk must be able to be opened
for inspection, but must be chained shut for the race with a one short chain 1/4" thick or larger in the
center of the hood and trunk. No excessive chaining or the use of seat belt straps. No welding of
bumper shocks (front or rear). Locked rears will be allowed. Hood pins may be used in place of chain
if so desired (must be approved by Tech Inspector).
240. All cars should have a chain (minimum of 3/8") on the front and rear mounted to each side of
frame for tow truck hookup.
241. Fuel cell optional, maximum 22 gal. Original gas tank in original location or moved to the trunk
securely fastened. Spout must be in trunk (no part of gas tank out). Station wagons: if tank is in rear
quarter it must be moved under deck and centered no farther front than the back of the back seat. If
no deck, it must be strapped down with metal and covered completely with metal.
242. The registration fee will be $10 and you must fill out a reserve number form.
243. Racing numbers: Maximum 2 digits, no letters. No profanity lettering allowed.
244. There will be no yellow flags thrown for spin-outs or disabled cars. If the race is red flagged, all
cars will be lined up and restarted on the front stretch by their position on the last full lap. If more
than 50% of the laps have been completed the race may be checkered.
245. No intentional hitting outside of the infield area (past the large white tires).
246. You will be penalized 1 lap for cutting the course or failing to go around the tires. Running in
the wrong direction will result in disqualification.
247. All cars must stop at turn #2 flagman after receiving the checkered flag. He will tell you when to go to pits.