2016 JUNK CAR RULES
FIRST CLASS - 105 INCH WHEELBASE OR LESS. ( NO TRUCKS, NO VANS), THIS CLASS OF CARS ARE ELGIBLE FOR THE FIGURE 8.
SECOND CLASS - RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG, ( WITHIN REASON, NO TRUCKS, NO BUSES, NO LIMOS, NO 4 WHEEL DRIVES), NOT ELGIBLE FOR FIGURE 8.
TRACK OFFICIALS HAVE FINAL DECISION
JUNK CAR PAYOFF: 1ST PLACE - $ 300 & trophy, 2ND PLACE - $ 200, 3RD PLACE - $ 100, 4TH PLACE - $80, 5TH PLACE - $60, AND 6TH PLACE - $40
BEST APPEARING CAR -TOP 3 TROPHY
JUNK CAR REGISTRATION FEES:
DRIVER - $10.00
PASSENGER - $10.00
PIT FEE PER PERSON: $25.00
248. All drivers, pit crews & passengers must sign a liability release application on race day. Even
after strict compliance with these rules, serious injury and/or death may occur as a result of your
competing in auto racing. Enter at your own risk. Vehicles entering the pit area or the race track
are not covered by insurance.
249. You must be 16 years of age or older to participate in a Junk Car race. Proof of age must be available. Powder Puff must be 14 yrs. or older.
250. You may reserve your JUNK CAR number prior to the first time you race and use that same number
for each Junk Car event you run during the season. There is no charge for this. No duplicate numbers.
251. Full Face helmets suggested, but, helmet with eye protection (goggles or face shield), seat belt, gloves, long sleeves and long pants are required at all times on the speedway. 4 point harness, neck brace & fire resistant suit highly recommended.
252. No Alcoholic Beverages and no glass bottles allowed in pit area at any time.
253. Only (1) driver and (1) passenger per car. On race day the driver and his passenger must sign-
up and complete a data card (at the same time) at the track office.
254. Hands & arms must remain in the car and seat belts must be used at all times or you will be
255. Driver must accompany car at technical inspection. Come early, sign-up ends 1/2 hr. before
the scheduled start of the race. If not signed in by this time the sign-up fee will be $20.00 per driver
& $10.00 per passenger. Once the Junk Car parade starts , sign-up is closed!! All cars must pass
inspection before entering pit area. We reserve the right to reject any car or driver without cause or
256. All drivers & passengers must remain in vehicle until the race is over or you are instructed to
leave. When instructed, leave race track quickly.
257. All drivers and passengers must attend the drivers meeting. Order of events will be given at
258. Cars must be stock, no structure modifications to frame, or body, except to accommodate roll
cage. Roll bars permitted but not required. No pick-ups, 4 wheel drives or jeeps. Cars with sun
roof must have glass removed. Replace with minimum 16 gauge metal welded on outside of roof. If
rear seat is removed, the rear deck (fire wall) must be covered with metal. No added weight.
259. (2) 1/8" X 6" Channel irons, (1) 1/8" X 12" channel iron, guard rail or similar protective steel
bar must be attached to both sides of the car starting at the front fire wall and extending to the rear
fire wall. Bar should be bolted, instaed of welded, securely to the sides of the car starting 18" from the ground. No sharp edges. The safety inspector's decision is final.
260. All season tires, M & S tires or stock passenger tires only. No racing tires. No recaps.
261 Radiator may not be relocated. One battery only. If battery in drivers compartment must
be completely covered.
262. All accessories-metal, plastic clips, molding, window chrome, windshield molding, mirrors, door
handles, locks, wheel weights, bumper guards & bumper covers must be removed before coming to the
track. If you bring it, take it home or you will be fined.
263. Plastic & non-metal grills must be removed before coming to the track.
264 All glass must be removed. Side windows must be removed, not broken inside door panel.
This includes headlights, tail lights & mirrors before coming to the track. Full windshield may be
replaced with wire mesh with holes no larger than 1/2".
265. A 12" hole may be cut in the center of the hood, (2) 6" X 12" holes beyond valve covers or inner
fender wells must be cut out.
266. Doors must be secured, either welded or chained.
267. Hood & trunk latches must be removed. Hood & trunk must be able to be opened for
inspection, but must be chained shut for the race with one short chain 1/4" thick or larger in the
center of the hood and trunk. No excessive chaining or the use of seat belt straps. No welding of bumper shocks (front or rear). Locked rears will be allowed.
268. Fuel cell optional, maximum 22 gal. Original gas tank in original location or moved to the
trunk and securely fastened. Spout must be in trunk (no part of gas tank out). Station wagons: if
tank is in rear quarter it must be moved under deck and centered no farther front than the back of
the back seat. IF NO DECK, IT MUST BE STRAPPED DOWN WITH METAL AND COVERED
COMPLETELY WITH METAL. NO PLASTIC TANKS.
269. Exhaust may be shortened. Upturned exhaust stacks allowed, with tech. mens approval.
270. RACING NUMBERS: MAXIMUM 2 DIGIT NUMBERS, no letters. Must contrast background. No profanity lettering allowed.
271. Titles are required for all vehicles that will be left at the track. Notary will be available.
272. We are not responsible for fire, theft or damage to vehicles left at the Speedway.
273. All cars will be towed to the pit area immediately after the race. Any car left in the pit area
after the end of the race may not be claimed by anyone other than the person who's name appears on
the sign-up data card. (1) hour after the last race, all remaining cars will be impounded and subject
to a $ 10.00 storage fee. Cars must be picked up no later than Monday night. After Monday night
all vehicles left here will be claimed by TRAIL-WAY SPEEDWAY.
274. Participants are expected to cooperate with race officials. Failure to do so will result in
275 Race schedule will be announced on race day, and will be based on number of participants.
Oval heats will be run. In the feature the last car running wins.
276. During the race all cars must stay within the boundaries of the race track (including the infield
section) or risk being disqualified. 5 MPH speed limit in pit area at all times.
277. Flags to remember: GREEN - start race, RED - race stopped, cars must stop immediately,
emergency crew needed, BLACK disqualified, leave track immediately. Possible reason for
disqualification: head on hit, intentional T-bone, hood open, unsafe condition, getting out of car on
the track or not staying in racing area. Examples of reasons for disqualification for the day: Alcohol
in the car, arguing with the officials, disregard for rules & regulations and striping of cars in the pits.
CHECKERED - end of race, slow down & exit track turn 2. Stage at lower end of pit only when
278. All decisions by officials are final. Rules may be changed or added for safety. Additional track
rules may apply.